I am a long-serving Scorer at Lisvane Bridge Club, Cardiff.
Over the years we have used several different Scoring software packages the more recent being Scorebridge/Bridgemates and BOS/Pairscorer/Bridgetab with 7 inch Tablets.
Recently we changed to Bridgescore/Bridgepal which can be used with 4 inch mobile phones and/or 7 inch tablets.
In my opinion this is the best scoring software available and has the additional advantage that it is free – no licences etc.
Our evaluation takes no account of the fact that it is free – the assessment is based purely on performance.
It is exceptionally well designed and thus very easy to use.
It has one very useful feature and that is the ability to create Custom Movements – those that you club uses week in week out. Movement entry thus becomes a one-click operation – no need to put in variables like number of boards, number of rounds, number and timing of arrow switches. This means that the possibility of making mistakes at this stage is virtually eliminated.
One other excellent feature is the ease of restarting. Again this is a one-click operation – none of the hassle of having to reset Bridgetabs etc.
We would urge you to have a good look at this software – I am sure that you will not regret it.
You can download the software from the following site:
I have no vested interest in connection with this software.
Electronic scoring has been available for Bridge for over ten years now.
It has always needed specialist equipment on the Bridge table and connected to the computer and this has tended to be expensive.
Two out of the three systems that I have tried are listed below.
BridgeTab by Jannersten
Bridgetab does not need any specialist equipment; it uses Android tablets to connect to the computer. Any Android device is suitable and are priced from as low as £35. A five table fully configured setup with support is £650.
The advantage goes far beyond cost.
- The screens are large and in colour and therefore so much easier to read. The dedicated devices are small and monochrome.
- They use intuitive touch screen technology which so many people are already used to and there is very little training needed in their use.
- Support and supply in Wales by Keith Butler.
Send Mail firstname.lastname@example.org
This is the Freeware Wireless Scoring software provided by
John and Mirna Goacher.
- From the writers of BridgeSolver and BridgeScore comes this excellent program for scoring using Android tablets or Android phones.
- Tried and tested with excellent documentation, a Forum and friendly support and with no license or purchase costs; a six table setup can be put in place for around £250. Or use your existing tablets or Android phones and incur no costs!
- Export files to Bridgewebs, WBU, EBU, & more, Import Name & movement files.
- Fully personalised for the Welsh Bridge Union and with a built in scoring program for Pairs or Teams this is the system in use at Rhayader, Llandrindod and Cardigan in Wales, plus many Clubs in the UK and with more in the pipeline.
- Support and supply of hardware in Wales by Red Kite Bridge.
Send Mail email@example.com
Alternative Android systems include:-